Anyone who has been with someone for a while knows what I mean.
Let me elaborate a little bit on some of the things I enjoy:
- I can putter around the apartment and do the errands and chores I need to do at my own pace.
- I can listen to music or watch movies that I like, at volumes that I think are appropriate.
- I can take a nap.
- I can make fun of the hosts of various late afternoon talk shows without being told to shut up.
- I can belch and fart with reckless abandon, and not say "Excuse Me" afterwards.
- I can drink milk right out of the carton.
- I can eat an entire box of macaroni and cheese for lunch if I want to.
- I can pick my nose anywhere in the house.
- I can watch porn online without the sound muted.
- I can tease the cat and not get punched in the arm.
I don't want to make it out to seem like The Boss is a wet blanket. These are just some of the simple pleasures I enjoy when I have a day to myself. It reminds me of how I felt as a kid growing up, when my parents started leaving me home by myself, and I keep the same mentality now as I did then: Never do anything that you can get in trouble for later.
What are some of the things you enjoy doing when your spouse/significant other are away for the day?