This year, though, I'm changing all of that. I'm going to make some resolutions for myself that I know I can achieve, and I'm going to pull through. You can tell by all the italics that I'm determined to come out the victor this year. I've come up with a list of my resolutions, and I'd like to share them with you.
RESOLUTIONS: HOW TO BE A BETTER BADASS GEEK IN 2009
- Watch Episodes I, II, and III of Star Wars (even though they kinda suck) enough times to memorize the dialogue, so I can be a better fan.
- Give more people the finger when they piss me off while driving.
- Improve on my "apathy" expression.
- Get another tattoo.
- Play all the songs on Guitar Hero on Expert, with my eyes closed.
- Be more polite to the people that deserve it, and more of a dick to those that don't.
- Wear less tube socks.
- Play less air guitar, and more real guitar.
- Purchase less magazine's about Sudoku and more about naked women.
- Hook up my vintage Sega Genesis.
- Learn more about CSS coding.
- Drink more beer.
- Watch more Sci-Fi movies.
- Go to a heavy metal concert.
- Go to a Weird Al concert.
- Become more coordinated.
- Figure out a way to hack into my neighbor's encrypted wireless network.
- Watch more movie's that don't fit into the "Sci-Fi" genre.
- Listen to more Johnny Cash.
- Smoke the occasional cigar.
There are other, more serious things that I hope to accomplish than the few I've listed above, but I didn't want to give it all away at once. Feel free to take some of these resolutions and apply it to your life as 2009 approaches. After all, there's no shame in wanting to be a Badass Geek.