FIVE THINGS THAT I LOVE
- My truck. I drive a 1998 Ford F-150 V8, and I absolutely love it. It gets 15 miles per gallon at best, and until recently I couldn't afford to fill its mammoth gas tank without taking out a small loan. It has a lot of power under the hood, and can carry a ton (literally) in the bed without a flinch. People say that guys with big trucks are compensating for something, and while that may be true for some guys, I'm pretty sure that's not the case for me. Just ask The Boss.
- New Balance shoes. I've worn nothing but New Balance brand shoes for the past ten years. They are incredibly comfortable, durable as heck, and easy on the wallet. I retired my last pair of New Balance shoes recently after two and a half years, and my new pair are more comfortable than my slippers.
- Small wallets. Some guys have wallets that are so huge and full of receipts that the thickness of it rivals some dictionary's. Not me. I use a leather business card holder as a wallet, and I don't keep anything in there that I don't need. Debit card, license, insurance information, maybe some cash, and that's it. A decent small wallet can be hard to find.
- Nalgene bottles. Being as clumsy as I tend to be, it helps to be able to carry around a water bottle that doesn't dent or shatter when you drop it. The one I've had for a number of years has been dropped hundreds of times, and despite being all scratched up, is still intact.
- My pocket knife. I've carried around a small pocket knife pretty much every where I've gone for the past five years. It has come in handy more times than I ever would have thought, and the blade remains as sharp as the day I bought it. It's 1.5 inch blade isn't considered a weapon, and it fits nicely in my pocket without taking up a lot of space.
I'm supposed to tag a few people to take part in this, but I'm not going to. Anyone who wishes to keep this going, be my guest. Thanks, Linda, for the award and for giving me something to write about.