Does it ever seem like there are some days where all the weird people in the town you live in come out from hiding and mingle with the rest of the common folk? I know that there are weird people everywhere normally, but these people are the ones that stop you in your tracks, the ones where you actually turn your head to keep watching them because there is just something morbidly fascinating about their blatant weirdness?
For me, yesterday was one of those days.
While out running a few errands about town yesterday, I witnessed the following:
- An 85-year-old man with a tattered and stained (with what could have been blood) t-shirt tied around his forehead,
- A woman wearing neon green sweatpants with a massive wedgie seemingly deeper than the Grand Canyon,
- A man who, while waiting in line at the grocery store checkout, took out his dentures and put them in his coat pocket,
- A person (gender unknown) dressed in an authentic ninja costume walking down the sidewalk, and
- A man walking on the shoulder of the road wearing a ripped denim jacket and carrying a baseball bat.
Did we have a full moon recently, or did it get warm enough for a few days where these people came out of hibernation? What is the weirdest thing you've seen around town lately?
Happy Monday, folks.