If you see time remaining on a microwave leftover from whoever used it previously, do you clear it and set your own time, or do you use whatever is left?
I bet you clear it and set your own time. To do anything else would be crazy.
I don't know why, but the thought of using someone's leftover microwave time just seems wrong. It'd be like using their dishes, or drinking from the same glass, or using the same bathwater. Even though we're all heating up our Ramen noodles or leftover pizza or whatever in the same microwave, it would be sacrilegious to use the 37 seconds left on the timer from the previous person.
Additionally, I'm pretty sure that any combination of these things would happen if you used leftover microwave time:
- It could summon the robot apocalypse,
- If someone saw you using leftover microwave time, you could lose friends on Facebook,
- You could become afflicted with Scope-resistant halitosis,
- Using previously stalled time could cause a tear in the time/space continuum, turning the entire world into Jurassic Park,
- It could heat your food the same way it would if it was using your own set time.
Doesn't seem like a wise risk to take, if you ask me.
Happy Monday, folks.
P.S. Raise your hand if you clear out the unused time on a microwave, even if you are just walking by it and see it remaining on the screen. There's no shame in it. It's only slightly OCD.